Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Amazing Adoption Stories

Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE adoption. One of my all-time favorite things to do is follow or hear adoption stories.  I've been following some rather special adoption stories lately.  I "met" a family, the Fillmores, on a yahoo chat group about International Adoption and enjoyed following their adoption of Anya, a sweet girl from St. Petersburg, Russia, who has Downs Syndrome. She has been home in the US for about a week.   From their blog, I've found three more families to follow on their journey--all adopting Downs Syndrome children from Russia.  All of these families are connected through Reece's Rainbow  One family is in Russia meeting their son for the first time and  another family , having already been to court, is in Russia getting ready to bring their daughter home.  There is a final family.  They met their son, who is named Kirill,  in Russia, bonded with him, held him in their arms, and returned for court, only to be told by the judge that she felt that their "son-to-be" would be better off being raised in an institution than in a family.  They are appealing the local judge's decision to the Supreme Court in Moscow. Pray for their appeal so this sweet boy can be raised in a family that loves him!

Enjoy their stories by clicking on the links to their blogs above! I'm sure you'll shed a few tears as you read them as I did!  There is a great deal of good in this world being done by one family at a time!  What good are you doing today?

1 comment:

  1. This is something that has been weighing on my heart for some time (as you know!) Thanks for the morning cry. :)

    ReplyDelete