Thursday, August 25, 2011

Special Visitor-Sister Chapple

Sister Chapple and Liisa with Grace

On August 25, I got a surprise email from Sister Chapple, my mission president's wife. She was going to be driving through Moab in a few hours and wanted to stop and say hello. I knew that she was in Utah dropping her baby off at BYU for her freshman year, but I didn't think I'd get a chance to meet up with her since we weren't going to be in Northern Utah. Lucky for me, she drove right through Moab on her way home and visited with me and the kids for a few hours. The last time I saw her was in 1998 or 1999 when she was in Provo visiting family. It's been way too long. We keep in touch by email, but there is nothing like a face to face visit and the opportunity to feel of her amazing love and spirit. She hadn't ever met any of the kids so it was fun to introduce her to them and Matt. Once again, I realized just how blessed I was to have been in Russia with such amazing people.
June 1994-Moscow Russia
President and Sister Chapple with their daugther Erin (the one who just started BYU)
I'm peeking out from behind Sister McCubbins

No comments:

Post a Comment