We're finally home for the summer. We've logged almost 9,000 miles on the van since June. Since April 1, here are a list of our travels.
-Idaho-Moab (move here) 9 hours total drive time (sleep over at Grandma's)
-Moab-Morgan (Kirill's baptism) 5 hours each way
-Moab-North Carolina (4 days driving about 8 hours a day, 2017 miles, lots of states and lots of snacks)
-Birth Mother Tour (Mocksville, NC-Wilmington,NC (4 hour drive)-Hartsville, SC (3 hour drive)-Mocksville (3 hour drive)
-Mocksville, NC-Athens, GA(4 hours each way) Visit to Heather and Mike to see new baby Anders
-Many trips to visit friends in Greensboro and Charlotte while in NC (about an hour each way)
-Mocksville-Morgan (2096 miles, 4 days, 3 hotels, many more snacks and movies)
-Morgan-Moab (trip home) 5 hours
-Moab-Morgan (class reunion and pick up Alex) 5 hours each way
Lots of traveling, but we wouldn't have it any other way(unless of course someone were to give me a jet for my personal use, especially if it came complete with a pilot). We were able to see family and friends and spend priceless time with them creating memories that will last forever. I'm going to try to get caught up on the blog in the next few weeks so don't forget to look back because I want to put them on the correct dates for when I publish the blog for our family history.
The best part about being home is that we are all together. It was hard to be away from Matt for 5 weeks this summer, but luckily, I have the best husband in the world and he knows how much it meant for the kids to see everyone in North Carolina. It's great to be home...now if I can just get all the laundry put away...
you guys are troopers!
ReplyDeleteIt was so good to see you guys! We miss you and wish you were back with us. Glad you made it home. Good luck with the laundry!
ReplyDelete