According to the locals, "it usually doesn't get this cold for another month." We're "thrilled" that our first winter here in Idaho has been "jumpstarted". We had about 7 inches of snow last Sunday night-Monday morning and lost quite a few tree branches because all of the leaves are still on the trees. Yesterday when we went to Kirill's 9 am soccer game (where he scored 2 goals!!!) it was about 30 degrees and did I mention the breeze.... I'm sure I played soccer in this kind of weather, I've just forgotten about it since it's been over 25 years.
The kids loved the snow and not the cold. Too bad you can't have one without the other.

Alex, making yet another fashion statement at the soccer game, last week he wore his bathrobe.

The girls in the stroller, with their stroller buntings (purchased at a local yard sale--did I mention the awesome yard sales we have here).

The Eagles (Kirill's team) getting a few last minute instructions. Kirill is in the coat next to number 6.

Alex enjoying the snow last Monday morning.

Kirill, on his way to school, under the trees in our front yard. The choke cherries really weighed down the tree and it was almost touching the ground in a few spots.
Looks like y'all are in for a good winter. The kids (and Matt) will be sure to love it as it goes on and on and on. The 80 degree weather was nice yesterday and did I mention the lovely fall breeze today:)
ReplyDeleteHow FUN:)!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your family in photos
Marian